In addition to The Disc Cellar Open we’re hoping to bring a number of other events to BC this year. We’re looking for Club’s to partner with in order to make this happen. What that probably looks like is The Disc Cellar dealing with the registration, ordering, shipping, player’s packages and all of that stuff. While the Club offers up a course and does local promotion of the event, with some day of setup and take down.
Here’s a list of the 4 main events that we’d like to see happen, let us know if you’re interested:
To be held sometime between May 31st and August 22nd. Here’s what the player’s get:
- Unreleased Dynamic Discs Driver
- Unreleased Latitude 64 Midrange
- Unreleased Westside Discs Putter
- Trilogy Mini
- Trilogy Lanyard
- Trilogy Bag Tag
- Trilogy Koozie
- Trilogy Scorecard and Pencil
More information: http://trilogychallenge.com/
Discraft Ace Race
To be held sometime between August 1st and October 31st. This is the original of this type of event, and we’ve run one in Burnaby for 8 years now. That said, it doesn’t have to stay in Burnaby…
This one has the most clearly defined format, you’re just going for Aces on a shortened course.
Player’s will get:
- 2 prototype discs, same mold, sometimes in different plastics
- usually a mini of some sort
- some other accessories
Vibram Birdie Bash
To be held between March 1 and June 1. You get to select your Vibram discs, and you’re trying to get birdies or less, doesn’t have to be Aces.
- 2 Vibram golf discs (their choice)
- 1 Vibram DG Dri fit
- 1 Vibram mini & sticker
- 1 Vibram towel
There are also lots of prizes: champion disc, spirit award disc, round card prizes and CTPs.
Battle of the Aces
To be held sometime that fits well in the regular event schedule. Rules are essentially the same as the Ace Race. This is a Legacy Discs event.
- 2 premium discs
- 1 dri-fit shirt
- 2 wristbands
- 2 stickers
- 1 Bearded Brothers bar
So clubs, or individuals, if you’re interested in helping host one of these events this year, let us know and we’ll make it happen!
So with the Disc Cellar Open coming up (registration to open shortly), I need to order stuff for the players packages and do some restocking for summer. In the short term that means orders from Innova and Prodigy. So if there’s anything you’re looking for from either manufacturer now’s the time to let me know, as I can easily add a specific disc to my order. Also, Innova supplies Discmania, so if you want Discmania, I can bring that in at the same time.
In the next couple of weeks, there might be additional orders from Discraft and MVP/Axiom. So if you’ve got requests, better to get them in sooner rather than later.
Some of the things that you might be interested in:
- GStar: Aviar, Dart, PM Krait, Leopard, Mamba, Skeeter, Shark, TeeBird, Valkyrie, Beast, Tern and Destroyer
- Star Foxbat
- Lapel Pin
- Pro Nova
- Star or Champion Atlas
- Star Mako3
- Echo Star, Star Lite, Star, Champion, GStar or Blizzard Terns (most popular and most requested disc at the moment)
- Glow discs: Champion Katana, Roadrunner, Valkyrie, Mako; DX Aviar, Beast, TeeBird, Valkyrie, Roc
- Baskets, permanent or portable
- bags, straps, towels, hats, shirts, etc…
- Japan Open F7 400G, D1 400G, PA4 400G in red or white
- Signature Edition sets from Will Shusterick, Ragna Bygde, Jeremy Koling, Sarah Hokom, Paul Ulibarri, Ricky Wysocki, Nikko Locastro, Catrina Allen and Paige Pierce
- Something in their new 350Rx series lighter discs
- Hats: structure cap (adjustable), snap back, stretch mesh
- Men’s performance polo
- microfiber towel
- Big Z collection (big stamps, unique plastic blend): Crank, Mantis, Zombee, Buzzz
- Z Mantis (first run)
- ESP Crank, Z Crank (first run)
- X line: Avenger SS, Force, Nuke SS
- Glo Z: Avenger SS, Buzzz, Comet, Meteor, Nuke, NukeSS, Stalker, Zombee
- Ultimate discs any colour
- hats, shirts, etc…
- Neutron Servo
- Neutron Switch
- Neutron Resistor
- Neutron Alias
- Neutron Envy
- Proton Volt
- Proton Alias
- Proton Envy
- Eclipse Volt
- Neutron Inertia
The Disc Cellar is pleased to announce that we’re now an approved retailer of Big Hyzer bags and we’ll be bringing in both the Ergo 2 backpack and the 8 Frame bag.
Given that the bags are not here yet, pricing is a projection. In keeping with Disc Cellar pricing policy, premium bags are priced based on TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and not MSRP.
Ergo 2: US$189.95 + US$37.50 (shipping) + taxes, exchange and Disc Cellar magic = C$260.00
8 Frame: US$149.95 + US$37.50 (shipping) + taxes, exchange and Disc Cellar magic = C$175.00
The Disc Cellar is pleased to announce that we’re a core sponsor of the Duck Golf Finale at Jericho hosted by the Van City United DGC, and that we’ll be supplying the prizes and in-round CTPs for the event.
We expect to have a small supply of Gateway putters and Aerobie Epics (by request) in addition to a few new selections available in addition to our regular great selection.
If you’ve been saving up vouchers from previous events for one of our big ticket items: practice basket, GripEQ bag or something else specific, please give us a heads up so that we can make sure that we have enough of them at the tournament to go around.
It may come as a surprise but we’ll also be doing the prizes for the first BCDS Summer Series event The Disc Cellar Open. At which point we expect to have a bunch of new product.
The Disc Cellar is pleased to announce that we have become a sponsor of the Inter-Club Random Doubles – Vancouver Island.
This “series” rotates between 6 Vancouver Island courses on the 3rd Saturday of the month. This past Saturday (Feb 15) was the first event we sponsored. Upcoming dates and locations are:
- March 15: Doumont – Nanaimo
- April 19: Qualicum Bay Resort – Qualicum Bay
- May 17: Coal Shoots – Comox Valley (may be postponed for Victoria Day / Pender Bender weekends)
- June 21: Coopers Hawk – Campbell River
There will be a summer hiatus with things starting up again in the fall.
For those of us who play regular doubles events in the lower mainland this one’s a bit different.
- 11 am start time
- 2 rounds unless weather conditions prevent it (30-45 minutes for lunch)
- Typically long tee (1st round) and short tee (2nd round)
- $3/person which goes to the Ace Pot for the day, if no one aces the pot is awarded by a post-round CTP
- Prizes: at each event there is a Men’s and a Women’s CTP (in round), for which the players now receive discs courtesy of The Disc Cellar.
Past results and more information can be found through the Comox Valley Disc Golf Club (Facebook group).
To keep things simple, Geoffrey McNamara (the organizer) took a stack of 10 discs when we finalized things at the Mission Duck Golf to be used as the CTP prizes. If winners are unable to find something they want from the stack they are welcome to make arrangements with The Disc Cellar to acquire something satisfactory. The initial stack included:
- Latitude 64 Opto Fuse, 173g, Purple metal flake
- Latitude 64 Gold Fury, 169g Orange
- Discraft Soft Challenger, 173g, Blue
- Discraft ESP Buzzz, 173g, White
- MVP Neutron Resistor, 169g, Purple
- Innova Champion USDGC Roc3, 173g, Yellow (taken)
- Innova DX Aviar, 175g, Pink
- Innova DX Aviar, 173g, White
- Innova Champion Beast, 166g, Blue (taken)
- Innova Star-Lite Tern, 138g, Blue
The Disc Cellar believe in supporting events, both big and small that help build Disc Golf, if you have such an event which may benefit from some sponsorship or exposure, please feel free to reach out.
Coming up April 12/13 is The Disc Cellar Open, our first event as Title Sponsor and the first event in the BCDS Summer Series. It will be a PDGA B-Tier.
One of the things I’m working on for the event now is the players package, which at the moment might include almost anything, although we are looking at minis or discs as likely inclusions.
To that end, we need a stamp. Is there anyone out there who wants to put together a stamp?
Also, now’s the time to speak up if you have special requests for what we include in the player’s package.
So I may have an opportunity to acquire some blank discs, and I was thinking that maybe there are some aspiring dyers out there. This could be a perfect match.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- you let me know that you’re interested in trying dyeing
- I bring in some blank discs
- you dye one (or possibly more of them)
- I auction them off as fundraisers to support one of the many upcoming events (possibly The Disc Cellar Open, maybe a Women’s Global Event, maybe something else)
I suppose if people don’t like that idea, but want to buy some blanks and dye discs themselves and then sell or keep them, I could sell the blanks too. Anyway, let me know if you’re interested and we’ll see if this has legs.
Also, if you’re someone who likes buying dyed or unique discs and thinks you’d be interested in buying one of the discs, feel free to comment on that too. The idea really does fall down if at the end no one is interested in buying any of them.
Another manufacturer is now available by custom order. Hyzer Bomb is a smaller manufacturer that started in 2011 with bags and has now expanded to discs. At present we will not be stocking Hyzer Bomb, but we will make special orders to accommodate demand.
Discs: (Mortar, Tank, Panzer)
Flak3 (backpack): $200.00
Demolition bag: $69.99
The bags are in stock. MSRP on the bags is $252 with a $40 shipping charge add in exchange and you’re looking at almost $310 before any taxes or duties which bring the total bill to a little more than $345.
That said the bags are currently on sale for $176 direct from Grip EQ (after shipping and duty you’re looking at about $256). Until the end of the year or the bags are gone we’ll sell them for $250 Canadian including taxes.
Another new MVP release the Neutron Servo:
“The Servo is a stable fairway driver with a straight flight and controlled speed. Its extended GYRO™ push gives it less lateral movement and immense glide with an effortless forward fade. Both high and low power throwers alike will achieve easy pinpoint accuracy with ultimate control to make it one of their most used discs on the fairway.
With the Servo being part of our new 1.7cm wing fairway class, it will consist of a wider weight range from 158 to 175g.”
The Servo will be part of our next MVP order along with the Eclipse Glow Volt, but again that order likely won’t happen until the new year. Pre-orders currently being accepted.
Official release date for the Servo is December 20th.