The Burnaby Club Classic is tomorrow, so the Disc Cellar will be on location at Robert Burnaby, probably from about 10am-2pm, although I’ll probably be participating so on the course for some of that time.
This is turning out to be a busy weekend, with the Nesters Liquor Store Throwdown 2 at the Whistler RV Park, and the 75th Anniversary of QE Park on Sunday. Well there’s one more to add to the mix:
Burnaby Trilogy Challenge presented by The Disc Cellar
The Trilogy Challenge is an event brought to you by Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64 and Westside Discs. All players receive a player’s package (worth $60+) consisting of:
- 1 x Westside Discs Elasto Sampo [Driver: 10, 5, 0, 2]; value $22 + tax
- 1 x Dynamic Discs Fuzion Evidence [Midrange: 5, 5, -1, 0]; value $22 + tax
- 1 x Latitude 64 Retro Macana [Putter: 2, 5, 0, 1]; value: $12 + tax
- 1 x Trilogy Challnge mini
- 1 x Mini clipboard
- 1 x Mini Sharpie
- 1 x Trilogy Scorecard and Pencil
We’re keeping things simple, and will be doing a single round of 18-20 holes at Robert Burnaby. There should be plenty of prizes to distribute and depending on the registration composition we may have multiple divisions.
Registration is open now. If you are unable to attend the event but want the player’s package, that’s totally fine. Attendance is not required to receive the player’s package.
Expect a few more event announcements in the coming days: MVP Circuit event, plus another Okanagan event.
It appears as though for perhaps as long as a week that some of the emails we’ve been returning have been hanging out in our outbox and not actually getting sent. We believe this has now been fixed, but if you receive something that is perhaps dated, where perhaps we conversed through other mechanisms, it’s possible that’s why. Anyway, just a little context in case someone is confused.
The Disc Cellar along with Michael Ramanauskas have teamed up with Provincials this year to bring you a commemorative disc in some of the most sought after molds from Innova!
They are available for pre-order now through The Disc Cellar’s online store! There are 8 different discs to choose from, with at least 20 of each being available. The discs have been ordered, but will be arriving just in time for Provincials, so these are pre-order. In the store, there are two FREE SHIPPING options, one is in store pick-up, the other is delivery at Provincials. If you pre-order you guarantee that a disc will be put aside for you.
Because we don’t physically have the discs yet, you get to pre-order with the same granularity as we get to use on the custom order form, so we cannot at this time guarantee exact weights or colours.
Assuming that we don’t sell out during the pre-order phase, discs will be available for purchase at Provincials, and if there are any left, through The Disc Cellar until inventory is gone.
Your disc choices are:
- DX Roc
- R-Pro XD
- XT Colt
- Champion Metal Flake Gator (Flat Topped)
- Champion Metal Flake Tern
- I-Dye Champion TeeBird
- Coloured Glow Champion Tern
- Coloured Glow Champion Thunderbird
With the exception of the DX Roc and the XT Colt, none of the above discs are available as regular stock production models from Innova, and are only available custom stamped for events. So stock up while you can!
Here’s some mock-ups of what the stamp might look like on the disc (note: this are mock-ups of the actual design superimposed on a picture of an actual Innova disc [Champ Thunderbird] and will differ from the final product).
We’ll be on location at the Ogopogo Open today and Sunday. I’m staying in town and not at Myra Canyon, so if you’re not at the event you can maybe make arrangements to meet up with me elsewhere. I am playing in the event, so sales will be limited to before, after and during breaks at the event.
I’ve got about 1,200 discs with me on the trip and some bags, towels, minis and other things. You can browse at http://beta.disccellar.ca/ but I’ve got more stock than can travel with me, so the full online inventory will not be available on site.
If you’ve been sitting on the fence, today is your last day to get off it and register for the Ogopogo Open this weekend in Kelowna. There’s lots of people going so you can probably carpool if that’s a deciding factor. On site camping is free, so you can keep the travel costs down.
Today is also your last chance to let us know what custom discs you’d like to see at Provincials.
We haven’t really been promoting this yet, but essentially our full disc inventory is now on-line in our store. Bags, hats, shirts, minis, stickers, etc… are not there yet, and the details and photos for the discs may be sparse, but the inventory should be accurate. Here’s where we are:
- Axiom inventory: complete
- DGA inventory: complete
- Dismania inventory: complete
- Discraft inventory: complete
- Dynamic Discs inventory: complete (excludes Marvel discs)
- Gateway inventory: complete
- Innova inventory: incomplete (new order arrived yesterday, approximately 100 discs left to enter, and custom stamp inventory needs to be re-verified and completed; big restocking of Bosses, Destroyers, KC Rocs, Pigs and more)
- Latitude 64 inventory: complete
- Legacy inventory: complete
- MVP Disc Sports: complete
- Prodigy inventory: complete (new order arriving in Kelowna tomorrow that will need entered)
- Vibram inventory: complete
- Westside Discs inventory: complete
If you’re going to be in Kelowna, make your special requests today/tonight because the full inventory can’t travel with me. There may still be the odd bug in the system, but given there’s about 2,000 discs in the system hopefully you won’t encounter one. Happy shopping.
We’re quickly pulling some details together, and it looks like this is all going to work (there’s still a chance it falls apart, but it’s small). So here’s what the current plan is (subject to change), everyone will get a mini to help you remember the event (I know it’s small, but small is better than nothing, and it’s sponsorship and not coming out of your payouts).
Then, there will be some custom stamped discs available for sale at the event, and possibly pre-order as well. Artwork is being generated by the lovely and talented Michael Ramanauskas of the LDGC and washline.com.
We’ll be partnering with Innova for the custom stamping on this, so that means you have a short window where you can make your preferences known for what you’d like to see us order…
So if you see something you really want to throw, or collect, let us know. Personally I’m leaning towards Champ Metal Flake Gators, Champ Metal Flake Terns, R-Pro XDs, Colour Glow Champion Boss and maybe some Yeti’s. But I’m open to suggestions.
Here are 10 reasons that you should play in the Ogopogo Open next weekend:
- Free on site camping, did I mention FREE?!??!?!?
- Player’s package that includes a shirt and a custom stamped disc and possibly more
- Added cash for the Pros and added prizes for the Ams – who doesn’t like getting more than you paid for?
- Good excuse to visit the Okanagan, and maybe pick up some fruit or wine while you’re at it?
- Kelowna is somewhere your non-Disc Golfing friends and family might want to go to
- Myra Canyon Adventure Park could keep non-Disc Golfers entertained while you’re busy winning a tournament
- Last big tournament before Provincials, time to dial it in
- Duck Golf is just around the corner, but wouldn’t you rather play while the weather is still nice?
- The KDGA has done great things in a short period of time, and deserve our support
- The Disc Cellar’s going to be there and doing sales and prizes! Current inventory is almost completely on-line now, so consider pre-ordering or making requests in advance to ensure what you want is available on location.
Registration closes this Thursday at 11:59pm.
The following is a note from the Provincials TDs:
We encourage all participants to arrive on Friday, officially sign-in and pick up your tournament booklet, then relax and play disc golf at either or both of the two courses. For any participants who are unable to arrive before sign-in closes on Friday evening, you will be permitted to sign-in on Saturday morning from 8:30am until 8:55am. Note: the ferry from Swartz Bay to Pender departs at 5:50am on Saturday morning.
I believe that I’ve changed all references within the registration information to reflect this update, but if I haven’t, please consider this post the current authority on the matter.
This September, the Golf Islands Disc Park celebrates its 35th anniversary! Join us to participate in the BC Provincials tournament on Pender Island. This will be the first time the Pender Island Golf and Country Club will be utilized as one of the two courses for the tournament. There will be many benefits, both for participants and viewers.
September 19th and 20th,, 2015 are the dates of the tournament, which consists of two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday. The top four players in the Open division will play a final nine, which will enable the rest of us in the gallery to watch the best disc golfers in BC.
On Friday, September 18th by 1:30 pm, we will have the disc golf course set up at the Pender Island Golf and Country Club for participants to check-in and practice for the remainder of the day. There is no additional cost for play on the Friday as this is covered in your $9 greens fee.
All players must check-in between 3 pm and 8 pm on Friday at the Pender Island Golf and Country Club. No Exceptions.
This is a PDGA C-Tier sanctioned event. We are not assembling players’ packages, thereby keeping the fees lower and organization simpler. There will however be some draw prizes to be won. There is added cash for the Pros and added prizes for the Ams.
The Disc Cellar will be making the trip, and supplying the amateur prizes. Join us!