Because I no longer have time to space out posts, or social media advertising. Before the Vibram Birdie Bash tomorrow at around 10am, there will be a FREE Driving Clinic by Hector Diakow at Jericho.
This clinic is open to anyone, event participant or not. The clinic is sponsored by The Disc Cellar (surprise surprise). The clinic will be 30-45 minutes or perhaps a little longer.
Great opportunity to come and get some tips from one of BC’s best golfers.
Tomorrow is the Vibram Birdie Bash at Jericho. The original plan was to do one of those massive Jericho courses, but with the smaller number of participants it seemed impractical to set up such a sweeping course. As such we’ll be using primarily the regular course area. Here’s the sequence of events:
- 9:30am I arrive on site (hopefully sooner, but we’ll see)
- Player packs are available for distribution
- Additional Player packs available for purchase (C$42)
- If we run out of player packages, additional people can get in the event for the reduced price of C$35, they get 2 Vibram Discs but no shirt or mini and such (but still $5 less than retail). They are eligible for all prizes. Or you can go the premium route and go C$50 and get two Vibram Glow discs.
- Driving Clinic is provided free of charge to participants and the general public (Hector Diakow is leading it)
- I will probably be setting up the course during this time, unless I did manage to get there early.
- 10:45am Player’s meeting
- 11:00am First Round starts
- 01:30pm Second Round starts
- 04:00pm We’re all done.
Not to steal the thunder which is Canadian Nationals or the BC Open (both which have registration open now), but tomorrow I’ll be on site at Jericho probably from about 9:30-4:00 at the Vibram Birdie Bash. I’m expecting rain, so I’ll have fewer discs than normal to accommodate the tent and other rain gear. Should still have 500-800 discs though.
Feel free to stop in and shop.
p.s. we can probably sneak you into the Vibram Birdie Bash as well.
Registration for 2015 Canadian National Disc Golf Championships is now live. Good luck to all participants.
Although registration is powered by The Disc Cellar, it is hosted on the Nationals website.
Registration for Canadian Nationals will not open before noon today. It’s pretty much ready, but it needs to be vetted by a couple of people before it can go live (there were some last minute changes).
So everyone can relax a little, there are a total of 198 spots available in the tournament, so it should take at least a day for it to fill up.
For the benefit of those who won’t see this in the PDGA group on Facebook:
It’s still a long way away, but people have already started Qualifying for the USDGC (http://usdgc.com/). As the Provincial Coordinator for the PDGA I am entitled to award a spot into the PERFORMANCE flight division. I am considering having it awarded through Nationals. I am open to other suggestions: other events, multiple event performance, or other stipulations. If you’re interested in potentially going, then please speak up as to how you might want to determine who gets the spot. If no one is interested, the fall back is that they offer the spot to me personally.
If you want to get into the OPEN flight of the event you can do so through one of the “regional qualifiers” (top 5 finishers in each event):
- Aussie Open
- Memorial Championship
- Glass Blown Open
- Masters Cup
- Southern National Pro Championship
- Beaver State Fling
- Kansas City Wide Open
- Maple Hill Open
- Scandinavian Open
- Greater Hartford Disc Golf Open
- European Open
- Pro World Championships
- Brent Hambrick Memorial Open
- Ledgestone Insurance Open
- Hall of Fame Classic
Qualifying details: http://www.usdgc.com/…/2015-USDGC-Qualifying-Information-1.… (they do update the document periodically, so check the page as well http://usdgc.com/?page_id=229
If you were listening at one of the player’s meetings you know that there was a mix-up which meant that the player’s package items were not here in time for the tournament. The silver lining there is that it meant that you got to pick your size and colour instead of having a random assortment of shirts to pick from.
Here’s the sizes and colours that I have on record. I’ll be submitting the list on Wednesday night, so if you want to make a correction, or don’t have yours listed please comment on this post before Wednesday evening.
- Aaron Neumann – XL (Cardinal)
- Adriano Reche Medola – L (Navy)
- Brad Henderson – XXL (Black)
- Brendan Armstrong – M (Teal)
- Carolynn Howard – L (Teal)
- Chris Hartmann – XL (Teal)
- Chris Miki – M (Silver Grey)
- Chris Robson – XL (Kelly)
- Dan Laitsch – L (Kelly)
- Darrel Thrasher – XL (no preference)
- Darrel Watson – M (Cardinal)
- Darrin Lee – XL (Black)
- Darryl Petrichuk – M (no preference)
- Dax – L (Black)
- Dennis Reilley – M (Black)
- Derek Wintermans – L (Kelly)
- Eric Jaeger – XL (Grey)
- Evan Eyles – M (Royal)
- Gary Nixon – XL (Black)
- George Coupland – XL (Dark Green)
- Gerry Boomer – XL (Columbia Blue)
- Gerry Erickson – XL (Kelly)
- Jamie Branch – L (Lime)
- Jamie Sorensen – L (Power Blue)
- Jeff Schmittlutz – XXL (Sand)
- Jeremy Ross – XL (no preference)
- Jim Popil – L (Navy)
- John Gould-Thorpe – XL (Kelly)
- Jonathan Robertson – L (Blue)
- Josh Piche – XL (Brown)
- Justin Godish – M (Dark Green)
- Kevin Baxter – XL (no preference)
- Kingsley Ralling – M (Dark Green)
- Lanze Starr – M (Graphite)
- Malcolm Stooke – L (Gold)
- Marcus Noel – L (Power Yellow)
- Michael Ramanauskas – XL (Lime)
- Miguel Alvarado – M (Purple)
- Owen Baldry – M (Graphite)
- Owen James – L (Navy)
- Randy Strohan – L (Purple)
- Stephen Yu – S (no preference)
- Steven Meeker – XL (Power Blue)
- Tom Berry – M (Lime)
- Tony Righello – L (Carolina Blue)
- Vito Michelangelo – XL (Black)
- Wes McIntosh – L (Power Blue)
- Aleesha Bird – M (Power Pink)
- Amanda Sell – XL (Purple)
- Briana Ainsley – L (Power Blue)
- Diana Peranio – M (Kelly)
- Jenne Brett – XXL (Lime)
- Kasia Struke – L (Lime)
- Leanne Fulton – L (Columbia Blue)
- Sarah Breau – L (Lime)
- Stacey McLachlan – M (Power Blue)
- Tara Lynch – M (Purple)
- Tricia Rezek – XL (Power Pink)
Men’s colours are:
Women’s colours are:
The shirts are coming from Dynamic Discs, so if you have any requests for their products I can bring those in at the same time.
My next Prodigy order will be arriving in early/mid-April with an order deadline near the end of March for special requests. What follows is written by Prodigy:
Refine your line with the new H3
Produced in our 750 and 400G plastics, the H3 is a stable to slightly over stable hybrid disc with a little less stability and more glide than the H2.
The H3 features a small micro bead that enables a pure flight line eliminating pitching from left to right. The flight characteristics of the H3 are extremely predictable. Like the H1 and H2, the H3 will not be for the faint-at-heart. Soon to be favored by advanced and pro players.
Release Date: March 16, 2015
Premium Plastics in Lightweights are Here
Seven of our top models are being released in a variety of lighter weights. Starting at 140 grams, the following discs will be available in our 400G premium plastic.
D1 | D3 | H1 | F2 | F5 | M2 | M4
Towels Back in Stock
With all that snow melting, players are going to need a lot of towels!
These Microfibre towels have the Prodigy Disc logo. They are super lightweight and extra absorbent. These towels are 12″ x 24″ (30 cm x 60 cm)
Prodigy towels are some of my most requested towels, but have been out of stock from the manufacturer for 6 months. I’ll get some in the April order, but if you want a bunch, or specific colours you should let me know.
I still need to go through the final spreadsheet and make sure I haven’t made any data entry errors, and associate PDGA numbers with some players and minor things of that nature. Final but still unofficial results will probably be posted sometime tomorrow.
Congratulations to all the tournament winners, participants and series winners.
If you see errors please report them, but don’t expect them to be fixed instantly. Online results will get locked down by the PDGA by the end of the week, and results will be official in two ratings updates (cut-off for the next update was March 3rd, as in before our event, but the updating ratings will be published March 24th, so Duck Finals will not be in that update, it will be in the one after that).
I’d also like to give a special thank you to Chris Miki, Malcolm Stooke and Leuch.
If you’re not already one of the 20 people registered, you have until 9am this morning (no extensions) to get registered. http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Vibram_Birdie_Bash_at_Jericho_Hill_Community_Centre_2015
There will be a free pre-event driving clinic available to anyone (even if you’re not registered) provided by Hector Diakow (one of the Provinces top Pros).
If you’ve missed the deadline, I have a few extra spaces paid for in the event, but not a lot. Reach out and we’ll try to get you in.
I had a couple of questions about the Vibram Birdie Bash World Championships (win the event to qualify). It’s in the same location as Am World’s this year, but is a separate event. If you qualify the event is free, you just have to cover your travel and accommodations.