We’ve got two Trilogy Challenges coming up, this Saturday in Chilliwack, and Oct 14th at Mary’s Farm. They are two very different events, but here’s something things you should know:
- Registration is still open, and will be until the Thursday before the event, at which point online registration closes, if the event(s) aren’t full day of registration will be available (but there is a $5 surcharge for day of registration)
- Mary’s Farm (Victoria)
- Chilliwack, we’ll be playing 18 holes of golf as our competitive round to determine the division winners. There will an optional additional 9 afterwards, possibly as a doubles round. Online registration is: $35; day of: $40. Start: 10:30am.
- Mary’s Farm, we’ll be playing 2 rounds of golf ~ 36 holes to determine winners (divisions may be offered, depending on registration numbers and diversity). $10 from your entry free goes to support Mary’s Farm. Online registration is: $40; day of: $45. Start: 9:30am.
- We’ve ordered players packages already for the events, when we ordered Dynamic was completely out of medium shirts, so anyone who ordered a medium shirt as part of their player’s package will get a different size. Other shirts were in stock, but have already been ordered, so all sizes may not still be available. Shirts will be distributed based on registration order, so the earlier you register the more likely you are to get the right size.
- Player’s package is 3 discs, a mini, pencil, scorecard and tee shirt
- Grand prize is a DyeMax Champion disc
- Additional prizes are a mini recruit basket, a micro recruit basket, and $100 plus in additional prizes
- Free delivery of additional items purchased through The Disc Cellar at the event if purchased by the Thursday prior to the event.
Registration lists are being manually maintained, but are currently accurate at 25 and 15 people respectively. Hope to see you there.
We’ve got the new signature Simon Lizotte FD3 Doom Bird on the way, probably be here the first week of October. We’ll do an unboxing video, pricing will be consistent with the Innova Factory Store Tour Series discs. Since these are Swirl S-Line FD3’s we’ll do individual photographs of them so you know what you’re buying.
Looks like registration is about to open for Duck Golf #1 in Langley. Amateur divisions on Saturday, Pro divisions on Sunday. Registration seems to be through Disc Golf Scene, here’s the links:
Oh, and reg opens in 4 minutes (8pm today).
We’d like to formally welcome Noah Higgins to Team Disc Cellar, he is officially our youngest member. Normally we wait until we’ve put together the player bio before we post our announcements, but we’re too excited to wait!
Noah will be playing the BC Provincials this weekend in Kamloops, and watch out, he’s good. So far this year Noah has put together 7 top 10 finishes in Advanced (MA1), 3 top 5 and 1 win! All of that’s pretty good, but he also placed 12th at the PDGA Amateur and Junior Disc Golf World Championship earlier in the year, while playing 7 rounds above his rating including a 974 rated semi finals.
We look forward to watching Noah continue to develop and pursue his Disc Golf goals, we’re happy we’ve been able to make that pursuit just a little bit easier.
Good news, bad news. The MVP Circuit Challenge originally planned for tomorrow has been pushed back two weeks to the 23rd. The discs aren’t here.
So that’s the bad news, the good news is that the big prize this year will be a MVP Black Hole Pro basket. We’ll be playing 18-24 holes at Quilchena (depending on basket conditions), and there’s an $5 optional “Macro Challenge” using a Macro Tesla, MVP’s entry into the large mini category.
Remaining registration will take place through The Disc Cellar Store, which means that you can use your gift certificates towards event registration. See you in two weeks!