The Hopen is an exciting 1 day, 2 round event taking place Sunday July 20th, 2014 at the Hope Golf Club. This will be the first Disc Golf tournament in Hope, and is one of the first collaborations with a ball golf course in BC. We appreciate your interest and support of this event.
Registration will open shortly and be available exclusively through The Disc Cellar website. Those unable to use the website for some reason, may be able to make arrangements with The Disc Cellar for cash payments. No day of registration, pre-registration only.
Closes: 14 Jul 2014, 11:59pm (Monday before the event)
Capacity: 72 players (hard cap), player’s beyond this number may be waitlisted
Refunds: refund policy to be determined (waitlisted player’s who are not included in the event will receive a full refund)
As this is a private and licensed course and not a public park it is legal to consume alcohol on the course. However as a licensed establishment absolutely no outside alcohol is permitted. So yes you can drink, but you have to buy it at the course instead of bringing it yourself. The beverage cart will be travelling the course.
You will be playing on the beautiful Hope Golf Club to the BCDS temporary targets (Gateway Titan Pro-24 Portables, purchased through The Disc Cellar). It will be an 18 hole course, that you will play twice.
The following division fees apply, BCDS members receive a $5 discount. Your fees include CTPs, Ace Pot and a buffet lunch.
- Pro Open: $60 (members $55)
- Pro Masters: $55 (members $50)
- Pro Grand Masters: $50 (members $45)
- Pro Women: $50 (members $45)
- Amateur Advanced: $50 (members $45)
- Amateur Advanced Masters: $45 (members $40)
- Amateur Advanced Women: $45 (members $40)
- Amateur Intermediate: $45 (members $40)
- Amateur Intermediate Women: $40 (members $35)
- Amateur Novice: $40 (members $35)
- Amateur Novice Women: $40 (members $35)
- Juniors: $30 (members $25)
A buffet lunch is included in your entry fee, so there is no need to bring lunch.
Payouts will be done using the Duck Golf payout tables for the appropriate divisions. Prizes will be handled by The Disc Cellar.
A limited number of power carts are available. If you are interested in securing one, contact the Tournament Director (Kris Klimko) directly.
This is NOT a PDGA Sanctioned event, nor is it part of any official series. BCDS Membership is required to play in the event, but no series points or anything of that nature are being accrued.
- 20 Jun 2014: registration opens
- 14 Jul 2014, 11:59pm: registration closes
- 20 Jul 2014: event day (Sunday)
- 8:30-9:00am: Check-in and pre-tournament sales with The Disc Cellar
- 9:00am: Player’s meeting
- 9:30am: Round 1 starts
- 1:00pm: Buffet lunch
- 2:00pm: Round 2 starts
If you are interested in being an event sponsor, please contact the Tournament Director (Kris Klimko).