We’ve got the new signature Simon Lizotte FD3 Doom Bird on the way, probably be here the first week of October. We’ll do an unboxing video, pricing will be consistent with the Innova Factory Store Tour Series discs. Since these are Swirl S-Line FD3’s we’ll do individual photographs of them so you know what you’re buying.
Here’s some new arrivals:
- Innova TeeBird3 Champion Metal Flake – Paul McBeth Tour Series 2017
- Innova Tern Glow Champion – Factory Second
- Innova Tern Coloured Glow Champion – Factory Second
- Discmania S-line CD
- Discmania C-line FD3
- Discmania Glow C-Line MD3 – Eagle McMahon
- Discmania D-Line P1
- Discmania D-Line P1x – 150 class & X-Line P1x
- Discmania S-Line PD2, C-Line Metal Flake & Luster C-Line
- Discmania D-Line TD & S-Line
- Discmania S-Line TDx
Here’s some items that have been recently restocked:
- Innova Nova XT – Factory Second
- Discmania C-line CD2
- Discmania S-line DD
- Discmania S-line DDx
- Discmania D-line FD, FD (150 class), G-line FD & S-line FD
- Discmania C-line FD2
- Discmania C-line MD2 & S-line MD2
- Discmania D-Line P1x
- Discmania P-Line P2
- Discmania S-Line PD & C-Line PD
- Discmania C-Line Simon Lizotte PD2 & C-Line PD2
If you’ve been sitting on the fence, today is your last day to get off it and register for the Ogopogo Open this weekend in Kelowna. There’s lots of people going so you can probably carpool if that’s a deciding factor. On site camping is free, so you can keep the travel costs down.
Today is also your last chance to let us know what custom discs you’d like to see at Provincials.
We haven’t really been promoting this yet, but essentially our full disc inventory is now on-line in our store. Bags, hats, shirts, minis, stickers, etc… are not there yet, and the details and photos for the discs may be sparse, but the inventory should be accurate. Here’s where we are:
- Axiom inventory: complete
- DGA inventory: complete
- Dismania inventory: complete
- Discraft inventory: complete
- Dynamic Discs inventory: complete (excludes Marvel discs)
- Gateway inventory: complete
- Innova inventory: incomplete (new order arrived yesterday, approximately 100 discs left to enter, and custom stamp inventory needs to be re-verified and completed; big restocking of Bosses, Destroyers, KC Rocs, Pigs and more)
- Latitude 64 inventory: complete
- Legacy inventory: complete
- MVP Disc Sports: complete
- Prodigy inventory: complete (new order arriving in Kelowna tomorrow that will need entered)
- Vibram inventory: complete
- Westside Discs inventory: complete
If you’re going to be in Kelowna, make your special requests today/tonight because the full inventory can’t travel with me. There may still be the odd bug in the system, but given there’s about 2,000 discs in the system hopefully you won’t encounter one. Happy shopping.
I am now an official Discmania Dealer (in addition to all the other brands I carry). You may already have known that I provided Discmania on a custom order basis, but I recently have started stocking Discmania. This is the natural progression. I am now authorized to purchase direct through Discmania (in addition to through Innova), the key benefit is that I now have access to a winder range of Discmania discs as well as apparel, bags and accessories.
I’ll be putting together an initial order shortly, so let me know if there’s something you’re interested in:
So what you see above is a picture of what the Dealer order form looks like, so that’s how I fill out my orders. If the box is grey, it’s out of stock, if it’s white, it was in stock the last time inventory was completed. Colours can be requested but are not guaranteed.
So I will draw your attention to some cool items on the list:
- S-Line P2 (Swirl) – Pro Putter
- P-Line P1x – Beaded Putter
- P-Line MD3 – Midrange Driver
- X-Line P1x – Beaded Putter
- X-Line P2 – Pro Putter
- C-Line P2 – Pro Putter
- G-Line TD2 – Turning Driver
- Glow C-Line FD – Fairway Driver
- Glow C-Line FD2 – Fairway Driver
- Glow C-Line P3 – Putt & Approach
- Glow C-Line PD – Power Driver
- Glow C-Line MD3 – Midrange Driver
- Colour Glow C-Line P2 – Pro Putter
- Colour Glow C-Line PD2 – Power Driver
- S-Line P2 – Paul McBeth 3x
- C-Line FD – Simon Lizotte FD
- C-Line PD – Avery Jenkins
- C-Line PD2 – Simon Lizotte PD2
The above are all discs that were not previously available to The Disc Cellar for purchase, but now are, how cool is that?
Other items which are available:
- Discmania Grip EQ Bag (A14 Series), MSRP US$249.00 (Disc Cellar price to be determined)
- Discmania Lite Basket
- Discmania Hats, MSRP: $24.99
- Discmania t-shirts: MSRP $24.99
- mini: MSRP $2.49
- patch: MSRP: $2.49
- wristband: MSRP $2.99
- sticker sheet: MSRP: $2.99
- towel: MSRP: $14.99
We’re fortunate to have Eric Oakley in town at the moment and he’s gracious accepted our request to provide a clinic while he’s in town. The clinic will be free for the participants, no registration required. The clinic is brought to you by Discmania and The Disc Cellar.
When: 25 Jul 2015, 4pm (or after the club round, whichever is later)
Where: Robert Burnaby Disc Golf Course (in Burnaby, BC), we’ll be around one of the Practice Baskets or at the picnic table near hole 1, depending on noise levels and the subject matter being discussed.
Length: it will probably be about an hour, but if there’s a lot of people or a lot of questions it may run longer
Audience: anyone looking to improve their mental game, no club memberships or affiliations necessary
Prizes: maybe if you’re good
Eric will be speaking primarily about the Mental Game, you know the part of the game that talks you into taking stupid risks, or missing putts that you make 99 times out of 100, and strategies you can use to improve that aspect of your game.
He’ll also do his best to answer any other questions that you have, and he’s more than happy to share his expertise on Discmania’s product line.
Here’s a little bit about Eric from Discmania’s sponsorship announcement:
1) Welcome to Team Discmania! What does becoming sponsored by Discmania mean to you?
Eric: Thank you, I am still in shock about it! I am pumped to represent Discmania! This has been something I have been working towards for quite awhile now and feel like I have accomplished something great. Being with Discmania will not only help me improve my game, but will help me grow the sport locally with tournaments and clinics. I have been throwing Discmania for about 3-4 years now and to be given the opportunity to represent Discmania on and off the course is a great honour. I can’t wait to share my passion for the company with everyone. Discmania is pushing the sport in all the right directions and I am excited to be a part of that growth. I hope to build on this and contribute as much as I can to helping Disc Golf and Discmania grow.
2) Tell us a little bit about your bag – Which Discmania models are your favourites and why?
Eric: Right now I am in a Discmania Grip Bag — they really are the best bags around. I like having a bag of the same molds with discs in different stages of wear. My favorite disc in the Discmania line up is the D-Line P2. This was one of the first Discmania discs I bought close to 4 years ago and it has been a staple in my bag ever since. I carry four D-Line P2s in my bag at all times, two are throwers in different stages of wear and two are strictly for putting and approaching. The D-Line P2 only gets better with age, so having multiples in different stages of wear gives me more options when determining my shot selection. I am always confident with a D-Line P2 in my hand. When I do need to throw a midrange I am using the Glow MD3. These are the best midranges I have thrown; they handle torque well and can be trusted on many different lines. The MD3 helps fill a hole in my bag that gives me more opportunities on the course to be successful. My go to fairway driver is the C-Line FD. With a good neutral flight and tremendous glide, the C-Line FD gives me pinpoint accuracy and full confidence. Having the versatility of the C-Line FD always makes my bag feel complete. My favorite and go to max distance driver is the C-Line PD2. I generally like using the early/first run PD2s but have become very fond of the recently released Flatter Jolly Launcher PD2s as well. I like carrying close to five or six PD2s in my bag at a time, all in different stages of wear. The PD2 handles a plethora of shots to help tackle any course.
3) The stage is yours! Anything you’d like to share with our readers?
Eric: I want to say thanks to everyone for making this opportunity possible. I am active on Instagram (@theericoakley) and Facebook and would love to answer any questions about Discmania, Disc Golf, or anything. I recently have started a hashtag that is used on Instagram and Facebook, #putterpants, and would love to see that grow even more. Putterpants is a symbol to remember to not only enjoy each and every round but to enjoy each and every day. I also have a Disc Golf Blog (iamadiscmaniac.blogspot.com) that talks about many different Disc Golf situations, along with some Discmania disc reviews. When I am not on the course or in the field, I spend my time working as a substitute teacher, coaching/training kids playing Futsal, playing soccer/futsal, and catching up with friends. Remember to always have the most fun!
Again, these are not necessarily currently in stock, but they can be acquired if you’re interested.
GStar Archon (released 10 Nov 2014)
“The Archon is a Speed 11 Distance Driver that blends the graceful long turn of the Katana with the smooth fade of the Wraith. It has been described as a longer Valkyrie. This is the disc for players looking to master their game and rule the course. Now available in gripalicious GStar, just in time for winter. Weights: 165-175g; Flight Numbers: 11/5/-2/2″
Hoodies & Long Sleeves
“Just in time for the chilly months, New Air Force Hoodies & Long Sleeve Tees will be arriving soon. The Hoodies will be offered in zip and no-zip because people are adamant about which is their favorite. We’ve partnered with RECOVER BRANDS to provide these super comfy garments made from 100% recycled materials. RECOVER apparel was a hit in the USDGC pro shop so we’ve decided to add them to our stock line. While we don’t have them in stock yet…”
LongSleeve Tee: S – XXL, Carbon, Grey, Forest, and Blue
No-Zip Hoodie: S – XXL, Grey and Blue
Full-Zip Hoodie: S – XXL, Carbon
“Our 2015 Calendars will be arriving in the next week or so. Make sure to get some for stocking stuffers and Christmas presents. Featuring 14 months of beautiful disc golf at destinations around the globe. December 2014 thru January 2016. Next year’s Majors and National Tour Events are pre-populated to help plan amazing disc golf memories.”
GStar in the Cold
“With winter already here in many parts of the country, it’s nice to have GStar available to players who don’t stop playing when they have to layer up. GStar performs well in a wide range of temperatures, but perhaps it is best appreciated when the mercury drops. GStar stays flexible at colder temps, and it still feels good in your hands when you can barely feel your fingers. Added grip can mean the difference between a miserable round and an exciting one. GStar has may options to get players throwing.
Putters: Aviar, Aviar Driver, Rhyno
Mid-Range: Roc3, Shark3, Marko3, Skeeter
Fairway Driver: Leopard, TeeBird3, TeeBird+, TL3
Distance Drivers: Archon, Beast, Boss, Daedalus, Destroyer, Dominator, Firebird, Katana, Krait, Mamba, Orc, Roadrunner, Starfire, Tern, Thunderbird, Valkyrie, Wraith”
Other recent releases
- Glow Champion Archon: 165-175g, 11/5/-2/2
- GStar Beast (retooled): 165-175g, 10/5/-2/2. “The Beast mold has been retooled to the original (’03) specs. GStar is the first model to utilize this retooled mold. New Beast production runs will use the retooled mold. DX, Driver Pro, Champion, and Star available in the former configuration while supplies last.
- GStar Dominator: 165-175g, 13/5/-1/2
- GStar Katana: 165-175g, 13/5/-3/3
- GStar Mako3: 170-180g, 5/5/0/0
- XT Aviar: 165-175g, 2/3/0/1 (Pro pricing: $13.99 + tax)
- Discmania G-Line FD: 165-175g, 7/6/-1/1
So with the Disc Cellar Open coming up (registration to open shortly), I need to order stuff for the players packages and do some restocking for summer. In the short term that means orders from Innova and Prodigy. So if there’s anything you’re looking for from either manufacturer now’s the time to let me know, as I can easily add a specific disc to my order. Also, Innova supplies Discmania, so if you want Discmania, I can bring that in at the same time.
In the next couple of weeks, there might be additional orders from Discraft and MVP/Axiom. So if you’ve got requests, better to get them in sooner rather than later.
Some of the things that you might be interested in:
- GStar: Aviar, Dart, PM Krait, Leopard, Mamba, Skeeter, Shark, TeeBird, Valkyrie, Beast, Tern and Destroyer
- Star Foxbat
- Lapel Pin
- Pro Nova
- Star or Champion Atlas
- Star Mako3
- Echo Star, Star Lite, Star, Champion, GStar or Blizzard Terns (most popular and most requested disc at the moment)
- Glow discs: Champion Katana, Roadrunner, Valkyrie, Mako; DX Aviar, Beast, TeeBird, Valkyrie, Roc
- Baskets, permanent or portable
- bags, straps, towels, hats, shirts, etc…
- Japan Open F7 400G, D1 400G, PA4 400G in red or white
- Signature Edition sets from Will Shusterick, Ragna Bygde, Jeremy Koling, Sarah Hokom, Paul Ulibarri, Ricky Wysocki, Nikko Locastro, Catrina Allen and Paige Pierce
- Something in their new 350Rx series lighter discs
- Hats: structure cap (adjustable), snap back, stretch mesh
- Men’s performance polo
- microfiber towel
- Big Z collection (big stamps, unique plastic blend): Crank, Mantis, Zombee, Buzzz
- Z Mantis (first run)
- ESP Crank, Z Crank (first run)
- X line: Avenger SS, Force, Nuke SS
- Glo Z: Avenger SS, Buzzz, Comet, Meteor, Nuke, NukeSS, Stalker, Zombee
- Ultimate discs any colour
- hats, shirts, etc…
- Neutron Servo
- Neutron Switch
- Neutron Resistor
- Neutron Alias
- Neutron Envy
- Proton Volt
- Proton Alias
- Proton Envy
- Eclipse Volt
- Neutron Inertia