Registration is now open for Mayhem at the Meadows at the Skaha Meadows golf course in Penticton. This is year two of the event. Because of the timing there will be a Halloween theme.
This will be the first Interior/Okanagan region event in the Left Coast Cup series.
If you’re looking to register for Duck Golf #3: Burnaby, you’re in the right place. Registration opens tonight at 8pm.
We had hoped through our support of the event to split it into an Amateur day and a Pro day. That has not happened at this time, but may still be possible. So I would encourage everyone who is interested in participating in registering even after the event fills up, so that the true demand for the event is known. We will work with the event organizers and the BCDS to accommodate as many event participants as possible.
Also, when receiving a refund, you receive 100% of the amount you paid, including all fees, etc…
Come one, come all. Starting today and every Thursday until December 10th (8 total), from 8-10pm.
Tonight only: Trafalgar Elementary
Rest of the time: @ Lord Tennyson Elementary
- $5 per session (fee covers the gym rental)
- Random flip into teams of two each week, you will get your own individual point total at the end of each session [different partners each week]
- Your total throughout the league (best 5/8 weeks) determines the championships
- League winner gets a practice basket of their choice provided by The Disc Cellar or a $175 credit if they don’t want a basket
Grand Prize: if you climb to the top and outperform your peers to claim the grand prize, you’ll get your choice of any one of the following 10 baskets, or a gift certificate.
- Innova Traveler (MSRP US$149)
- Innova Skillshot (MSRP US$149)
- Innova DISCatcher Sport (MSRP US$199)
- DGA M-14 (MSRP US$150)
- DGA Mach Lite (MSRP US$175)
- Hive Double Chain (MSRP US$129.95)
- Hive Cross Chain (MSRP US$119.95)
- Dynamic Discs Marksman Basket (MSRP US$159.99)
- Westside Black Basket (MSRP US$169.99)
- Dynamic Discs Recruit Basket (MSRP US$199.99)
- or a $175 Disc Cellar voucher if you don’t want the basket
I’ll be heading up to Penticton on Friday evening (may not make it all the way there Friday). I am planning to travel a little lighter (800-1,000 discs) than normal (1,200-1,400 discs) to make the drive more pleasant. That does mean that I should have room for a passenger if anyone didn’t get into Duck Golf and wants to head to Penticton.
If you’re in the Penticton area and want to shop, the on-line store currently has a “Pick-up in Penticton” option, which would allow you to get free shipping at least to the golf course in Penticton.
Anyway, if you’re going to be at Mayhem at the Meadows and are looking for something specific, please request it in advance so that I can be sure to bring it with me, as 30-50% of my inventory will not be with me on this trip. Note: Bags, hats, shirts, minis, and other accessories are not currently in the on-line inventory, so request away, they may be in stock.
Tomorrow is a travel day, although if everything goes according to plan I’ll be at the Pender Island Golf & Country Club at check-in. I am playing at the event, so the majority of my discs will be travelling to the Am courses.
If you’re not getting personalized service on Pender, expect response times to be longer this weekend, and new orders will not ship until next week.
Registration for the MVP Circuit is now open. It’s another event where the player’s package has a retail value of nearly twice the cost of the event. Only 35 spots available. You can buy a player’s package even if you cannot attend.
Note: confirmation email incorrectly lists the event date as the 12th instead of the 26th. This is an error, Saturday the 26th is the correct date.
Are you tired of playing in sanctioned tournaments? Are you looking for a temporary course on a golf course without paying a huge premium? Would you like to use an electric golf cart during your round? Would you like to be able to consume alcohol during your round? Would you like it even better if it was delivered to you on the course?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you really should register for Mayhem at the Meadows in Penticton on Oct 3rd.
The event is organized by the Penticton Disc Golf Club, and is taking place at Skaha Meadows which is a well maintained 9 hole traditional golf course, temporarily converted into an 18 hole disc golf course (7,300 ft; 9 baskets & 9 tonals). As with all such temporary courses this may be your one and only chance to play this course, or you could help convince the owners that Disc Golf is in their future and contribute to a lasting relationship.
The Disc Cellar is the prize supplier, a sponsor and the registration provider for the event.
If you’ve been sitting on the fence, today is your last day to get off it and register for the Ogopogo Open this weekend in Kelowna. There’s lots of people going so you can probably carpool if that’s a deciding factor. On site camping is free, so you can keep the travel costs down.
Today is also your last chance to let us know what custom discs you’d like to see at Provincials.
We haven’t really been promoting this yet, but essentially our full disc inventory is now on-line in our store. Bags, hats, shirts, minis, stickers, etc… are not there yet, and the details and photos for the discs may be sparse, but the inventory should be accurate. Here’s where we are:
If you’re going to be in Kelowna, make your special requests today/tonight because the full inventory can’t travel with me. There may still be the odd bug in the system, but given there’s about 2,000 discs in the system hopefully you won’t encounter one. Happy shopping.
Here are 10 reasons that you should play in the Ogopogo Open next weekend:
- Free on site camping, did I mention FREE?!??!?!?
- Player’s package that includes a shirt and a custom stamped disc and possibly more
- Added cash for the Pros and added prizes for the Ams – who doesn’t like getting more than you paid for?
- Good excuse to visit the Okanagan, and maybe pick up some fruit or wine while you’re at it?
- Kelowna is somewhere your non-Disc Golfing friends and family might want to go to
- Myra Canyon Adventure Park could keep non-Disc Golfers entertained while you’re busy winning a tournament
- Last big tournament before Provincials, time to dial it in
- Duck Golf is just around the corner, but wouldn’t you rather play while the weather is still nice?
- The KDGA has done great things in a short period of time, and deserve our support
- The Disc Cellar’s going to be there and doing sales and prizes! Current inventory is almost completely on-line now, so consider pre-ordering or making requests in advance to ensure what you want is available on location.
Registration closes this Thursday at 11:59pm.
This September, the Golf Islands Disc Park celebrates its 35th anniversary! Join us to participate in the BC Provincials tournament on Pender Island. This will be the first time the Pender Island Golf and Country Club will be utilized as one of the two courses for the tournament. There will be many benefits, both for participants and viewers.
September 19th and 20th,, 2015 are the dates of the tournament, which consists of two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday. The top four players in the Open division will play a final nine, which will enable the rest of us in the gallery to watch the best disc golfers in BC.
On Friday, September 18th by 1:30 pm, we will have the disc golf course set up at the Pender Island Golf and Country Club for participants to check-in and practice for the remainder of the day. There is no additional cost for play on the Friday as this is covered in your $9 greens fee.
All players must check-in between 3 pm and 8 pm on Friday at the Pender Island Golf and Country Club. No Exceptions.
This is a PDGA C-Tier sanctioned event. We are not assembling players’ packages, thereby keeping the fees lower and organization simpler. There will however be some draw prizes to be won. There is added cash for the Pros and added prizes for the Ams.
The Disc Cellar will be making the trip, and supplying the amateur prizes. Join us!